Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So little memory

Just got a new laptop that has about 200Gig of memory and 4Gig of Ram. I’m not sure I even understand what that means. 
My first computer was a dinosaur known as the Tandy TRS-80. It had 4k of Ram and could handle disks of 148k. My computer had two disk slots, so I could increase my work to 296k by switching the disk back and forth. It was so big that it covered my entire desk. With no internet, there was no need for connection. 


I figure to write this blog, get the information, load the pictures and keep a copy of the entire process would have taken about four disk, 8 hours and more problems than I can even describe. With my new laptop it just took about 15 minutes. 


When Radio Shack came out with the TRS-80 Series I, they figured to see about 1000 units. By the time they went to Series II (about a year) they had sold 127,000 units. Sometimes you just can’t know how good a thing is until you bring it to the public. All I know is the new laptop I have is a lot more fun than that old dinosaur TRS-80, but I sure loved the TRS-80 when it came out. Just Say'n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends