Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Religion

I saw this the other day and it speaks exactly how I feel. I spent a lot of time in “Religious Activities”
over the years and they almost destroyed my belief in God. Religion is really the cause of so much harm in the world yet somehow it continues to thrive. 

On the other hand, a spiritual journey is important in life if we are to have any sense of security. I know many people have no spiritual focus and that’s their decision and I respect it. However, when I look at the beauty of the world, the magnificence of the universe, the miracle of life itself, then I find I need a spiritual connection. 

So as we enter into this new year, I celebrate the wonders of the universe and give thanks that my journey has a sense of purpose and meaning. I may not fit into some peoples religious ideals and because of that, I am very happy. Just Say'n

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of Sam Clemen's response on religion, "So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code."
    - Mark Twain, a Biography

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends