Tuesday, May 10, 2016

How do they do It?

My wife and I went to a diner tonight. Maybe it’s my age, but going to a diner is a very overwhelming task. How can any restaurant have a menu that is ten pages long with a thousand different choices? I just about figure out what I want and then I turn the page and am faced with another hundred different option.


 Glancing into the kitchen, which is not much larger than mine at home, I usually see two people cooking. I’m sure a lot of things are prepared ahead of time, but really, how do they keep up with all the choices?


Then tonight, after handing me the ten pound menu, the waiter hands me a separate sheet with about twenty five “Specials”. I thought I would start to cry. 


I finally made a choice, but it was touch and go for a minute. Guess maybe I’ll let my wife order for me in the future. It is hard to lead a stress free life. Just Say’n.

Want a good stress free read - try my award winning book Forever Yours. 

 A couple explores the adventure of life from college in the 60’s to retirement in the 2000’s. Of all my books, this is the one I enjoyed writing the most as it was about my generation’s journey. Take a look at Amazon to see all my books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends