Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Raccoon, wherefore art thou

Sitting quietly in my back yard the other night when I had a surprise. Now my back yard is not necessarily urban, but because we live in a beach community, there isn’t a lot of property around us, so it feels more city than rural.
Anyhow, as I quietly sat thinking about how great life was, I heard this noise and suddenly, upon the top of my fence appeared this giant raccoon. He was at least 5’ long and 200 lb.. Once I recovered from shock, I then saw he was only about a foot long and maybe 30 lb., but at the moment he seemed much larger. In my moment of unrest, I did my manly thing by jumping to my feet and waving my hands rapidly while shouting “get the hell out of here”!
He left, only to return an hour later to jump the fence behind my wife, who reacted much the same as my first encounter. She claimed he was rabid and headed into the house. I doubted she was right, but taking no chances, headed into the house to help her calm down (that’s my story and I’m stick’n to it!)


I checked with the local vet the next day and he said the raccoons were running out of places to go and and becoming more brazen in their adventures, even to the point of going around during the daylight hours.
I feel sorry for the raccoon and his loss of territory, but I think my neighbor has a bigger back yard than I do. Just Say’n


Sure way to keep raccoon’s away is to join our blog as a follower. Probably won’t work, but you’ll enjoy the company. Just say’n












No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends