Thursday, January 5, 2012

Spare a dime

My wife and I were in Dunkin Donuts the other day, (this was before we started our “After New Year” diet), where I spotted this homeless man asking people for spare change. I assume he was homeless, but at least he did appear to be in need.
He moved around the tables receiving rejection and disrespect from those he encountered. 
At a table near me were two gentlemen sitting with open bibles, having a very animated discussion about some religious principle. The homeless man was totally ignored by these men, I guess he didn’t fit into their religious thoughts at the moment.
When he came to our table I asked him why he wanted the money and he told me so he could get a donut like the one I was eating. I walked him up to the  counter and bought him the donut, for which he was very grateful. I don’t give money to people, but I will often get them something they need, just so the money isn’t turned into more destructive elements in their life.
My wife and I left Dunkin Donuts after a while and I noticed the religious zealots were still deep in conversation. Guess that’s why I’m just not religious anymore. Just Say’n. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends