Monday, April 25, 2011

Test Pattern

This will definately show my age, but I remember test patterns on TV.
Not only that, but they were black and white, because we didnt have color in any TV.
You would turn on the TV, sit and watch the test pattern for a while until a show would come on the screen. After a few shows, we would get the national anthem, and then back to the test pattern.


I couldnt get to sleep the other night so I thumbed through the 478 chanels on cable. 200 were languages I didnt understand, 100 were selling things I didn't need, 50 were programs that made no sense, and the rest were so boring I couldn't spend time watching.


There are days I really do miss the test pattern.


Just Say'n


If you like our posts, place a comment below, become a follower, or if all else fails hit the "Share it" button for Facebook and Twitter. Whew, just reading all that proves that test patterns were easier days. Just Say'n

1 comment:

  1. I miss them too...

    The Yule Log
    Bars & Tone

    Also...

    Real Saturday Morning cartoons
    Musicals
    Clever TV programs like M.A.S.H.
    Simple sitcoms like I Love Lucy or My Three Sons
    Dance Shows like Soul Train or Band Stand
    Variety shows like Ed Sullivan
    Wholesome shows like The Waltons

    yeah, I miss the test pattern.....

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends