Friday, November 11, 2011

Fear?

I try to stay in shape so I will live a lot longer. It seems harder to accomplish that task as my body is caught up in an aging process that my mind doesn't agree with at all.
 Part of my not taking care of my self is my love of being outside in the sun, exposing my flesh to harmful rays. The result, I now have a battle with skin cancer. 
Today I had surgery to remove some of the damage done to my skin, and fortunately all went well. 
Nevertheless, since diagnosis, my mind has constantly wandered into some very dark places leaving me in a state of unrest. I try to stay positive and not worry about things, but somehow the word cancer just brings on a whole new set of negative concerns.
I think it was Churchill who said we have nothing to fear but fear itself. The bible tells me perfect love cast out fear. I think I have come to the conclusion, unless I really know what will happen in the future (which I will never be able to do) I will just enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow. 
Seems to make life a lot easier that way. Just Say'n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends