Wednesday, June 15, 2011

movie time

Wife and I went to the movie theater the other day. It is always an experience, and one that rapidly reminds me why I don't go more often. It was a matinee and so I only had to pay $10 per ticket. I was assured that that was a good deal. Then the popcorn and a soda. I don't know why I do this to myself, but I do it every time. I know popcorn will be $7.00 and a medium soda another $7.50. I ate all the popcorn, cause I was sure there had to be gold someplace in that bag.


Then the previews started. A half hour later, we were still seeing previews!! I forgot what movie I came to see. The amazing thing about all these previews, there wasn't one movie that looked like anything either one of us wanted to ever see again. The world was attacked by aliens; saved by Chevy Corvettes that turned into huge robots; attacked by black smoke to be saved by green heros; overrun by huge flying saucers; and finally reported on by Muppets. Have to admit the Muppet one did look cute, but it was the last preview after a half hour of other previews, and I think I might have booed Miss Piggy.


I am sure the movie industry is having a hard time given the competition from cable companies, but please, don't take your problems out on me. Just Say'n.


You can enjoy our daily blog by signing up as a follower or hitting the Facebook or Twitter button. Bring your own popcorn and soda, and it won't cost you anything to have fun. Just Say'n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends