Sunday, June 12, 2011

A woman's hiding place

An interview with a psychologist on the TV claimed that a woman's choice of handbag and what she chose to carry in it could reveal her character. I suppose there may be some truth to that, but I'm not sure it would be wise to publish that thought or share it with women you want to be close to. If a woman has a large purse, does that make her a hoarder? Small purse = cheap or non-giving person? A back pack = someone ready to spend the night? See, this could be real dangerous territory to wander around in blindly.


One thing I do know;  the inside of a woman's purse is a place of great mystery and often fear. I went into my wifes purse when the kids were in diapers. I was looking for car-keys and found something very squishy wraped in paper. I had great fear thinking I had stumbled on a full diaper. As I slowly removed my hand, I breathed a sigh of relief to find it was only an old banana. Still don't know why it was there, but real happy that was all it was.


If my wife tells me something is in her purse, I generally will open it, look at the contents with awe, and then carry the purse to her. We have been missing a set of car keys for several months, and I am positive they are in her purse, but will keep that thought to myself.


The common emotion that a woman's purse has with all men is the awkward moment when a woman says to her man, "hold this for a minute". Usually it is held with one hand, away from the body, in a very bold attempt to prove to the world, "this is not my purse". It can be a very frightening experience.  Just say'n.


Join our blog family by becoming a follower or hitting the Facebook or Twitter box. If you click on the picture of the purse, it will explode in a thousand different pieces. Not really, but wonder how many tried. Just Say'n



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends