Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dear Diary -

I used to keep a written record of my thoughts and activities. I recorded my struggles like some architect of society laying down thoughts and plans for future generations. It was fun and often cathartic, but after a while I got tired of it and stopped. 
I was cleaning out some things a few years ago and ran across my notes. My-oh-my, how my thinking has changed. I used to see huge problems in the moment, that later turned out to simply be small glitches. In all honesty, most of the things I faced back then, which seemed so overwhelming, were simply life lessons being taught to my stubborn ego. Guess I learned something, I'm still here and enjoying life every day. I threw out the notes, don't think they will ever restructure society, but they did give me a good insight on the naïvety of youth.
 Thinking about all this diary stuff reminded me of this joke. You might have heard it but heck, at our age repeating is not a sin:


HER DIARY VERSUS HIS DIARY


HER DIARY:




Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird.

We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all
 day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late,
 but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk.
 He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; he said, 'Nothing.' 
I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. 
On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. 
I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' 
When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to 
do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. 
He continued to seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later,
 he came to bed. To my surprise, he responded to my caress,
 and we made love. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were 
somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do.

I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.


HIS DIARY:

Harley wouldn't start today, but at least I had sex.



Wouldn't want to be married to this guy, but it does show
 how the male and female can be in two different places
 at the same time. Just Say'n

Instead of a diary, why not join our blog family and then
 you can add comments  every day. Or Facebook and 
Tweet your friends about our blog, then we can all write
in our diary's together. Hmmmm, that sounds boring. 
Just sign up and will figure it out later. Just Say'n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends