Saturday, June 11, 2011

Top down

One of the toys my wife and I  love is our red Mitsubishi Spider Convertible. We try to out maneuver each other as to who gets to drive, but she generally wins. That's ok as she looks a lot better driving it than I do. I found that out the hard way.

Last summer I was out driving with the top down and feeling like I was on top of the world. It was a play'n music, wind blow'n, sun shinen, feelen good day! 
Pulled up to a stop light next to a school bus. A young man about 10 or so looked out and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and waved back. He then stuck his head out the window and said, "Wow gramps, that is some car you got." 
"GRAMPS!!!" The light changed and as I pulled away I still loved the car and it was still a beautiful day, but some of the thrill had been taken away. Nevertheless, I recovered and still love life and the car, but I let my wife drive more. She just looks better in it than I do. Just say'n.


WE NEED FOLLOWERS!!! Not really, but it would be nice. Thought if we sounded desperate you might sign up. That is called manipulation through guilt. Did it work? Probably not. Oh well, there is always Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends