Friday, May 20, 2011

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

I was having one of those days when it seemed everything irritated me. The person in front of me was driving too slow. The stop light was too long. The line at the store was too slow. The radio in the car next to me was too loud. Basically, I just didn't like anything.


Then I talked to my dog about my bad mood. He is kind of a therapist; listens well, doesn't say anything, and lets me work out my thoughts.


What we decided was I wasn't happy with myself so I was taking it out on the world around me. Most of the things I was frustrated about were a reflection of me. I wasn't doing tasks fast enough so I decided to be frustrated at other slow people. I wasn't as focused as I wanted to be, so I became upset at other peoples incompetence. 


Next time I'm irritated, I will look inside myself before I attack the outside. See, my dog really is a good therapist. 
Just Say'n


My dog also wants you to join our blog as a follower. You can hit the "follow this blog" button or the Facebook or Twitter buttons. He just said thank you. Just Say'n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends