Sunday, May 29, 2011

Close Call

Watching the New York Mets play some baseball the other day, and was amazed at the one call an umpire made. The runner was on first base so long he could have set up housekeeping, but the umpire called him out. After much ranting and raving the umpire also called the first base coach out. It wasn't a pleasant moment but the umpire had all the power and, right or wrong, he was going to win.
Watching the umpire rememded me of a quote from Jay Leno, "I wanted to have a career in sports when I was young, but I had to give up the idea. I'm only six feet tall, so I couldn't play basketball. I'm only 190 pounds, so I couldn't play football, and I have 20/20 vision, so I couldn't be an umpire."


A lot of life is like that umpire's call. Somebody makes a bad call and if they have the power, we have the problem. I guess the question is, do we want to rant and rave and let our feelings be known, with the possibility of even more dire circumstances? Or do we just let it go. I'm glad when I was younger I let my feeling be known, but today most things aren't all that important.
I guess the umpire slept ok that night, and by the end of the game, nobody really cared, so it all worked out.
Well, the Mets didn't win, but I guess we are used to that too. Just Say'n

Here is a good call - Join our blog family as a follower. Just hit the "follow this blog" button or click the Twitter or Facebook app. Another good call is to get the free audiobook of my novel I Am Adam. (Click Here). I am making all kinds of good calls today! Just Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments with other readers.

A review of J T Twerell's Catch and Release by Featheredquill Book Reviews

Featheredquill Book Reviews

P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 Fax: 413-268-0381 www.featheredquill.com info@featheredquill.com

Readers’ hearts will be beating hard as they join in this adventure where people come back from the dead, wear so many facades you’re not quite sure who’s on the good or bad side of the law, while experiencing the growing attraction between the lady ‘cop’ who could be lying through her teeth and the normally bored psychologist who stepped into the adventure of a lifetime.

The author, a practicing psychotherapist, certainly knows how to light a fire at the beginning of a tale and guide the reader through all types of personalities and red herrings that will make them very disappointed when the story has to come to an end.

Quill Says: This is one psychologist who has met his match when it comes to a truly astonishing female!

Facebook feedback - tell your friends